Saturday, January 09, 2010

Togo footballers injured as gunmen ambush team bus on road to Angola

I woke up this morning, as I do every morning to the BBC.

They were interviewing world class striker, Emmanuel Adebayor, minutes after he heard their goalie had died of his injuries. It was an emotional interview in which Adebayor described the 15 minute machine gun attack, and credited the team's security with saving lives.

A therapeutic interview, too: as hard as it was to listen to it, one could tell that Adebayor just had to talk about it.

This is a tragedy.
All the same, I rushed on line to check.

Adebayor had been released from his PTG team because of the African Cup.

I quickly snapped him up for Team Vigilance! Hated to give up white-hot striker, Ivan Klasnic (Bolton) in order to get Adebayor. But Klasnic is much more obscure, plays on an 18th place team, and I can get him back later.

I also tried to get Landon Donovan of the Los Angeles Galaxy and our American National team, as soon as I determined he was in today's line-up. Today, twelve minutes in the EPL and he gets an assiist!

But I guess since he had only joined Everton this week, PTG put him on two-day delay. That was a deal-breaker for me.

6 comments:

Vigilante said...

Watch for midfielder Miguel Michel (Birmingham?)

Vigilante said...

Emmanuel Adebayor is in limbo. Might be granted a leave of absence.

Vigilante said...

Liverpool is hoping to sign Argentina midfielder Maxi Rodriguez from Atletico Madrid.

Vigilante said...

Chelsea are chasing Spain's latest young superstar Sergio Canales and hope to have a deal in place before the end of the month.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1242465/Chelsea-lead-Arsenal-Manchester-City-chase-Racing-Santanders-Spanish-starlet-Sergio-Canales.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0cN1PBbQA

Vigilante said...

Hugo Rodallega (Wig) to Birmingham?

Vigilante said...

Marouane Fellaini (Eve) to Chelsea?

Followers